Welcome to Calvary Chapel Bemidji!
Our purpose at Calvary Chapel Bemidji is to glorify God by pointing people to Jesus Christ, that they may know Him fully and be conformed to His likeness. The more He increases in us, and we decrease, the more we will be characterized by the three goals of love.
OUR FIRST GOAL IS TO LOVE GOD (THE FATHER, OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, THE HOLY SPIRIT) WITH ALL OF OUR HEARTS, MINDS AND LIVES.
For this reason, in our gatherings we have three priorities:
- teaching God’s Word (systematically through a book of the Bible, verse by verse) so that we might truly know Him and know how He wants us to love Him
- worshiping God by singing praises to Him with our hearts and our voices
- seeking God in prayer, relying on His Spirit to enable us to fulfill His purpose for us
SECONDLY, OUR GOAL IS TO LOVE EACH OTHER AS MEMBERS TOGETHER IN GOD’S FAMILY.
For this reason, we desire that there will be many opportunities for fellowship, friendship and service in our church body to help us grow in becoming a genuine family. As the Lord leads in the coming months and years, it will be exciting to see how the above opportunities multiply.
FINALLY, OUR GOAL IS TO LOVE OUR WORLD.
We pursue this goal in two ways:
- we as individuals, desire to live and share the gospel in our homes and communities; and
- we as a fellowship, led by the Holy Spirit, endeavor to share the good news of Jesus Christ in all the earth.
With this as our purpose, our prayer is that we would freely allow the Holy Spirit to bring forth that fruit of Christ’s love in each of our lives and gatherings, whether in this building or anywhere else.
I trust that you sense the amazing love that Jesus has for you personally! And by God’s grace, we as a church family want to be an encouragement as you seek to know, love, and obey Jesus in this life.
In the love of our Savior,
Pastor Chris and the family of Calvary Chapel